Wednesday, June 16, 2010

SYTYCD Vent

I am a little bit obsessed with So You Think You Can Dance and since no one else in my house really cares about it I have decided to blog my thoughts from the show. Its not going to be a recap/review of the show just what I would want to say to someone if they were watching it with me. I'm pretty sure I just need to get it out of my system or else i'll be thinking about sytycd instead of sleeping. Good luck understanding my random thoughts.

I really like having the "all-stars" dance with the new contestants because usually I only like about 4 of the top 20 so sometimes I don't even watch the other routines but with this format I watch all of them because I love the all-stars.

Cat, did you see your hair tonight? honestly? that big ball thingo was bigger than your head.

Billy & Lauren. Not a huge fan of Lauren. I love the footloose song. Billy freaks me out a little when he dances. I think its because of his mega flexibility, he looks disjointed or something.

Christina & Mark. I love Mark! What is Mia talking about when she said her attitudes were perfect? not sure if it was just a camera angle but she looked like she was getting ready to pee on a fire hydrant. Sorry that isn't a very lady like way to explain it but it was ugly.

Jose & Comfort. I am a little suspicious here. Funny how the b boy gets hip hop for his first routine I smell judge pimping. Seriously it wasn't that great and they judges were all that was fabulous lets talk about your journey blah blah blah.... lets see if we can get some good drama out of this guy. And quit it with the twilight wannabe take offs.

Adechike & Kathryn. I love Travis Wall! from the first mo hawked pirouette fan kick i was in love. Then came the bench dance, then the jeanine and jason locket dance and now travis can do no wrong. Adechike on the other hand was a beautiful wet rag, his acting was awful and he looks so short next to Cat. Anyone else get creeped out a litte by really short guys?

Yay Master Chef is finally here! boooo Gordon Ramsey

Melinda & Pasha. She is way to confident for her own good. Whats with the ballroom faces and the sheer shirts really! Yep haven't liked a ballroom routine since Dancey (Danny and Lacey) you know the one "Chin, Chin, Hip, Hip"

Alex & Allison. Alex FTW! Lovely. He may be better than Danny. Miami Ballet, who'd a thought they would have talent like that. Did anyone even know Miami had a ballet company I would have thought it would have a salsa company. This was my favorite dance of the night. I'm not sure that Alex is going to make it though just because he is a ballet dancer, he has a girl voice, and he cries I don't know how america is going to take that all in. Side note, this totally proves that the music in dance is just as important as the movement and if they go together beautifully then its magic. By the way did you notice the super hot guy sitting behind the choreographers?

Alexie & Twitch. Haha Adam Shankman. Cute. love twitch and his swagga.

haha chick-fil-a ads remind me of NZ homeboys.

Lauren & Ade. Oh Yeah. Brave assisted back bend off the couch. Whats with the sports references Nigel? Whoa smackdown from Adam!

Kent & Anya. I hate ballroom faces! Nice lift. He still just exudes farm boy to me but I thing he will go far in the competition because he is adorable.

Ashley & Neil. So my first thought was flashback mix of Neil and Lacey flower death dance and Twitch and Kherington crier and Ades cancer dance. So I wasn't really sure if it was a love or death dance and Tyce is way too much.

Robert & Courtney. Pretty good. I'm predicting he will be in the final four.

My bottom 3 Ashley, Adechike, Melinda.

What did you think? Who is your favorite? did you want to deflate Cats hair?

5 comments:

  1. I loved reading your thoughts. I have to agree with almost everything. Please post after each time. I thought it was so fun to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to sit on the couch and watch it with you. :( Or at least be able to see it down here...hmmm maybe I could get it on the torrents...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Alex! I remember him, he's the guy who was under contract last time around. I'm looking forward to your next commentary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang I wish you could come watch with me!!! I actually liked the snake one, but I'm totally in love with Kent. Adorable, yes. And I'm so glad they brought Twitch back. And I TOTALLY think the judges are rigging things and swaying people's votes!!! Especially with the b-boy getting hip hop first and mounds of other things. Anyway, let's keep this sytycd blogging up. I kiiiinda wanted the tap girl out tonight, but I guess it's fine that it had to be alexie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so i can't say that i really liked any of the dances this show. kinda lame. moves were good in some parts. farm boy made me laugh when he did the shimmy. TWITCH!!!!!!!! awesomeness right there. Alex is who i think will win, he's to good not to. but if the public has anything to say about it then someone dumb will probably win. i don't like the b boy. that chic who thinks she's all that annoys me too. i really hope she gets voted off soon.i don't bother listening to judges comments, they just annoy me with all their mumbo jumbo blah blah bah stuff. and i will be down there soon to watch it with you so you can vent to me! haha. i introduced my roommates to it so i could have someone to talk to about it.

    ReplyDelete