So there I was in old yoga pants, an even older holey t-shirt, with unwashed and unbrushed hair sitting outside Williams preschool debating if I should just turn around and go home. We would have been on time but there was a huge accident on the highway and we got stuck in the worst traffic jam ever. So we missed out on just pulling up to preschool and Williams teachers meeting us at the car, now I had to go in through the office and walk all the way to the other side of the school to drop him off at his classroom. I decided that I would just have to suck it up and go inside. Why? because everyday it is a battle to get William to preschool, since Christmas break he has discovered that he likes staying home and playing with zac all day and not having to do anything boring. We were going in, until I turned to discover that Zac was still in his Pjs and didn't have any shoes. Now we really should go home but then William would win and I'd have an even bigger battle to fight every morning.
Luckily I never clean out the car so we found some shoes for Zac and a sweater for me, at least I could cover up the holes in my shirt. Hopefully I'd look like I just got out of a sweaty birkham yoga class and that Zac would still look little enough to go places in Pjs. So glad they he was wearing a matching pair, usually he just grabs whatever top and bottom he finds first. Our first attempt to go in the side door closest to Williams classroom was foiled by the fact that they lock the doors, stinkin' school security. We all got back in the car and drove around to the front of the school to walk through the office. boo.
I know this really shouldn't be a big deal but I have to record it because taking your kid to school in grody clothes has to be a motherhood milestone.
No comments:
Post a Comment