We will miss all the great people we got to know
Hopefully we'll see them again.
Here are the top ten things I'll miss about Houston. things not people. no particular order.
- Nice cars. I'm married to Sean and now I know a lot more about cars then i ever really wanted to know and I have been trained to stop the conversation so we can stare at the expensive sports car to drive past. it is a wonderful way to change the subject quickly.
- Weekley YMCA. I love that place. the pool and the classes and the friends.
- Central Market. I love your food.
- The zoo. awesome animals and many hours spent watching boys go through the fish tunnel
- West U parks. best parks I've seen in America.
- Children's Museum and Dino bones museum
- Frontage roads. so much easier to get lost when you can easily turn around.
- the hospital being so close
- 2 Airports. So many travel destinations.
- The library. I'm not sure if this one on the Virginia peninsula will have the brilliant selection that HPL does. I'm totally keeping my membership so i can get books delivered to my kindle still.
Ten things I learnt in Houston
- How to drive. Well mainly how to drive not like a grandma on 10 lane freeways in crazy traffic. You see I got my license in rexburg, there is a few traffic lights and one 2 lane highway. Driving in Houston was very scary at first.
- How to cook. Well I knew how to cook before I just discovered that I like cooking new things and I love reading cookbooks.
- That you can do things with 2 children. So before I met some wonderful mothers in Houston I always thought I wouldn't be able to do some thing because i had two little people to bring with me but I saw that they went to all sorts of places with their little children so I decided to try it and guess what? you can go most places with little kids. You can go everywhere with a baby. Really I have to thank these marvelous mothers for their example because there is no way i would have gone to Australia with 3 kids, without sean if i didn't have lots of practise taking children to different places myself.
- How to make friends fast. it usually takes me forever to make a friend but since we were only in houston for a little while i had to really push myself to be outgoing. still improving.
- How to read. thanks to ms christofi grade 12 english teacher I thought i hated reading. Guess what? I don't. thanks to J K Rowling, Suzanne Collins and many other authors. ( Best YA book I've read recently is Code Name Verity, read it! and the best grown up book.... probably Unbroken by laura somebody. Both WW2 books but they are both awesome. great book club ones people. )
- Prayers are answered by people
- Doctors are just regular people. Some of them aren't really smart they just study and take tests well. Some Drs are just plain mean. Some Doctors still play xbox. Some Doctors don't know anything about your babies.
- I like to exercise with people. Yay YMCA.
- I love me some teeny bopper pop music. Yes, I would have a one direction poster on my wall. Sean the stinker won't let me. boo.
- I hate walmart and I don't like to quilt.
Now the top ten people I'll miss in Houston..... just kidding, too many people are just too awesome and some of them aren't even in Houston anymore. yay for blogs and facebook.
No comments:
Post a Comment