Sunday, June 30, 2013

Washington DC

We made our second trip up to Washington this past weekend so I could go to the Power of Moms retreat.  The retreat was for 3 hours on a Saturday morning so we just decided to make a weekend of it and went up on the Friday to see some sights.  We started out at the Air and Space Museum, then made our way to the Natural History Museum passing by some pretty cool sights. 








 
One day I am planning on going to DC without young children so I can actually go to the museums and read everything.
After the Natural History museum we headed for our Hotel which was a little outside the city.  We ended up at a mall for dinner but turns out at the mall we picked the cheapest store was Anthropologie...think about that for a minute. So we decided to go to the grocery store by the hotel instead. 
The next morning Sean took me to the most beautiful neighborhood I've ever seen.  Seriously.  I wish I took a picture.  The retreat was so great I don't really know what to say about it other than you should go if you get a chance.  Go to the power of moms website and read some of their stuff it will bring joy to your little mothering heart.
After the retreat ended we drove over to the Temple and switched going in.  I'm really glad the visitors center is so interactive.   
Then it was off to Ikea.  I miss living by Ikea.  No one else has super cheap paper rolls, meatballs, free babysitting, and the best mothers rooms in America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment