Thursday, July 21, 2011

10!

It has been 10 years since I left the land with golden soil for one with amber waves of grain. I was excited for my little american adventure. I thought it would be little and fabulous not fabulous and surprising, surprise! you just committed to stay for an unknown amount of time.

I decided to record the 10 things I miss most about Australia. Please note I said things not people...I'm not into getting depressed, although I do have a pint of ice cream in the freezer.



  1. Hearing the birds in the morning

  2. Bread that involves no HFCS

  3. The Beach and crunchy beach hair

  4. Fish n chips, burgers with beetroot, cheerios (not a cereal), bacon with actual bacon, sausage sizzles, passionfruit, lollies, chocolate and sunday dinners

  5. Arndale bakery

  6. Sports

  7. not having to deal with dumb health insurance companies

  8. the metric system

  9. coins that are actually worth something and plastic money

  10. Markets

And now so I don't eat a pint of ice cream my favourite things about America



  1. I can drive here

  2. Anthropologie, Williams Sonoma, Pottery barn and Central Market

  3. AC and heat

  4. fabric stores

  5. BYU Idaho

  6. going out to eat options

  7. My YMCA

  8. Sale shopping

  9. thanksgiving

  10. Mormonville Paraphernalia (deseret book, downeast etc)

So I pretty much could have said I want to shop America and eat Australia but that wouldn't have been a long blog post at all and I know you're reading this because you don't want to do the dishes right now. you are welcome.


On with the theme... 10 things I learnt this week



  1. Anthropologie can cure mummyhood monotony with one visit and a great sale.

  2. Isaac thinks this costume is hilarious

  3. I don't make cars sounds up to william standard

  4. to get my kids to eat veggies all i have to do is make a salad - not cooked or mixed in with dinner but a separate green salad with mostly lettuce and spinach. wahoo. took me long enough

  5. don't have william give talks in primary that you plagiarized off the internet. The primary president does the same thing.

  6. Target is still 100 times better than Wal-mart

  7. its easy to cancel netflix when they double the price for no good reason. punks.

  8. I can't wait for the Hunger Games movie! March 23 2012. except they cast gale and peeta totally wrong! I really hope they surprise me with their some new acting skills.

  9. I need to get a backyard asap or if I'm living in a very hot or very cold climate I'll settle for a indoor basketball court

  10. I really am a big Harry Potter fan and I'm dying to see the last movie. anybody want to babysit?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the entertainment while I (you guessed it)- avoided dishes. The movie is good, I would love to watch the boys! :)

    ReplyDelete