Three strange things happened today. Well, not really strange but the song is strange things happen not unusual things happen.* Anyway first strange thing, I spent more than 5 minutes outside during a h-town summer. I did almost faint on the way back to the car and had to lie down afterwards but the boys had fun at the splash pad.
Second unusual occurrence today, I actually baked! Chocolate chip cookies and they were edible! weird! Usually we really don't like each other but today they turned out beautifully and I was in the mood to eat cookies. Very strange.
Third strange happening was Sean made dinner! Like actually cooked something, not heated, poured or defrosted but cooked. We won't talk about the little tanty he threw after the meal had too many noodles. I forgot that he is the complete opposite of me, I'm a slip, slop, slapper and he is a perfectionist and likes to have one right answer. I told him that my rule of food is, I didn't cook it I already love it. I'm pretty sure this is a universal rule from any wifey that has a husband whose cooking experience is limited.
To finish off the night Will, Zac and I played lego guns where my gun shot flowers, Wills was fire balls and robot butterflies, Zac had the water gun (to put out fires) and some kind of syrup shot out that made you happy.
*If you don't know this song from the brilliant Aussie children's show Round the Twist then I feel very very sad for you. Go you tube a episode and pretend your seven. Seriously they have episode titles like skeleton on the dunny, little black balls, smelly feet and lucky lips. take that Hannah Montana. While I'm on my soap box I gotta say that Australian children's shows of the 90's are so much better than anything today. Please can we get some dvd box sets?
You crack me up. I love reading your blog. That is awesome you got your hubby to cook. I also love your last post it was great. I think you should come visit us here in Canada. You can experience many of the things you listed about Austailia.
ReplyDelete