Monday, March 28, 2011

Whats Goin On?

Being married to Sean means you don't get to have plans on Saturday morning. Saturday mornings are reserved for Basketball. This must remain unchanged or we get a grumpy daddy. So when Sean had to go to a class on Saturday I was really excited to have the car and an entire Saturday free of Basketball and Kolache factories.
The boys and I set out on a grand adventure.
We went to the Farmers Market and got some kale, collard greens, honey and a vegan cinnamon roll that weighed about 5 pounds. We enjoyed the atmosphere and I dreamed about living in a city where the farmers market would take more than 5 minutes to walk around the entire thing, Oregon/California here I come.
We drove past a gazillion parks in west u trying to find one that wasn't packed. Ha yeah right! too many families trying to have some family time before the Nanny comes back on Monday. I know that's a bit mean because I not really being completely sarcastic about it. Well sarcasm is mean too. But really the parks were full! Anyway we finally found a park where we could get a seat to eat our vegan cinnamon roll. William pretty much downed the entire thing. ha! if only he knew what vegan meant.
After the park we braved Costco where William told me that a mans shirt was really ugly very loudly because shirts like that belong on leopards not people. This time I couldn't run to the other side of the store because we were in line. I'm sure that when parents embarrass teenage children they are just getting revenge. Back to Costco, don't go there on Saturday its worse than a west u park and William may say something mean if you wear an animal print shirt.
On the way home I thought about taking the boys to the Rodeo since it was the second last day but then I decided that I was way to lazy. Oh yeah, I'm getting a mother of the year award. It was a good thing though because a guy fell out the green roller coaster. I have never trusted those rides. We enjoyed a quiet afternoon at home. I cooked the collard greens. I'd never eaten then before. I like them. Nobody else does. I cooked the rest for Cheve and AA.

No comments:

Post a Comment