Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Roman Holiday Ending

Today turned out to be National Strike day so no Metro again. boo. We ended up hiking all the way to this museum just to find out it was closed.
So we walked through Villa Borghese Garden and found a picture perfect lake to relax.




Sean did all the rowing. I swapped with him for a second and decided it was way too much work. Girls can get out of that kinda work. I did see a mum with three little boys in soccer uniforms and I started to think how much my boys would have loved playing in this park.







I don't know what this statue it called, just loved the look on the devils face.




there were little daises everywhere. I discovered that my daisy chain making skills are non existent now which means back to NZ to learn the craft again. After our stroll through the park we went and ate lunch then we went back to the Borghese gallery to see if the strike was over yet and it was! So we gave up our cameras and spent 2 hours wandering around seeing lovely works of art. Well except for the fat naked women pictures I hate those.


After the gallery we walked back down to Plaza of the People and I got to shop at H&M I really don't know why they don't have more of those stores in America. Seriously if i have to live in a massive city please let me have H&M.


Sean in the Pantheon.




Sean saw these cars the other night but apparently I got too much of him in the picture and not enough of the car that he is now in love with. Too bad it can't fit 3 car seats. So sad. More gelato then home again.





Our last day in the Eternal City
Circus Maximus. We saw the couple behind us in this picture 3 more times throughout the day in different spots around the city. I remember because her shirt said I love nutella and shoes.



Roman Holiday! We had to wait in line for about 20 minutes and make a donation to the church but it was totally worth it. Sean was complaining the whole time in line because some how he didn't think it was that important to act out everything that happened in Roman Holiday. Little does he know that nearly all my European travelling dreams are from movies.



this is the inside of the church with the mouth of truth. So much prettier than st peters.



Sean was amazed at the amount of old stuff everywhere!



The massive Victor Emanuel monument. See the king, his mustache is 5 feet wide and you can fit inside the horses hoof.



More gelato, bruchetta, spaghetti, pizza and lemon soda then


THE END


back to Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment